Those lovely people who are looking to see what has come out the Bex Designs

Thursday 8 December 2011

Sister's Birthday Cards

I did this card for my mum and dad for my sister, she has really been trying to get into patchwork and so my mum asked if there was something I could do to incorporate that into a design.  I used DCWV piece of cake paper pack and made lots of little squares and stuck these to a square sheet.  I then cut out the pattern using Creative Memories Wavy cutting system.  The sentiments are stamped using Lili of the Valley  and papermania female words.

My sister is so talented and loves to make cupcakes. I made this shaped card especially for her. For the bottom of the cupcake, I took a strip of paper and at every 1/2" I scored the paper. This created the concertina effect cupcake wrapper at the bottom of the card.  I also used the lili of the Valley sentiments stamp and glitter glue for the embellishment on the top section of the card for the cake decoration

This card was from my two daughters and so I wanted it to be a bit child like, I am hoping that my eldest will want to do her own card next year as she loves to do things like that. I used the Penny Black Zoophabet stamps and coloured them in using Promarkers.

This card was done for my other sister to give her and she is at present in South Africa.  I used DCWV piece of cake paper for the backing and then used Lili of the Valley Rosie's cake stamp and the birthday recipe stamp from them, as well.  I coloured the image in using Promarkers.  I love those stamps, they are my 'one weakness'

Just a little something different, as this was the cake that I made for her birthday.


Love Bex xxxxx

1 comment: